Aire-Flo furnace gas valve issue.

SYMPTOM:

No heat. Thermostat calling. Exhaust blower starts and runs for 20 seconds. Igniter does not glow. Pressure switch closes. Primary limit and flame rollout closed. Honeywell Smart Valve flashes 6 times and then 7 times. Internal valve lockout.

 

SOLUTION:

To confirm that a safety was not causing the failure I bypassed the pressure switch by removing the wires from it and installing a jumper between them after the exhaust blower was up to speed. The fault still occurred. I then did the same with the limit and flame rollout circuit. The fault still occurred. I then unplugged the wires from the old valve and connected them to a new one. Upon doing this the igniter glowed and the valve nudged in my hand as if to open. No error code on valve. I installed the valve, tested operation and gas pressures. All good!